Pound Ridge Golf undertakes to collect Your Data by means that are:
* legal; and
If you visit Pound Ridge Golf’s web-site, your web-browser automatically discloses, and Pound Ridge Golf’s web-server automatically logs, the following information: the date and time, the IP address from which you issued the request, the type of browser and operating system you are using, the URL of any page that referred you to the page, the URL you requested, and whether your request was successful. This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
Any additional data that you provide, e.g. in a web-form, may also be logged. This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
Any additional data that your web-browser automatically provides may also be logged. This will be the case, for example, if your browser has previously been requested to store data on your computer in ‘cookies’ and submits them each time you request a web-page within a particular domain (such as Pound Ridge Golf.com). This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
If you disclose personal data to Pound Ridge Golf in conjunction with an identifier such as your name or your credit-card details, Pound Ridge Golf will collect Your Data. Moreover, any data that becomes available to Pound Ridge Golf through any of the means described in the preceding paragraphs may be able to be associated with that identifier, and hence become Your Data.
Subject to the qualifications immediately below, Pound Ridge Golf undertakes to collect Your Data from you and not from other parties. This undertaking is qualified as follows:
* where Pound Ridge Golf reasonably considers that the protection of its financial interests requires that it gather YourData from other sources, or from additional sources. This applies in particular where Pound Ridge Golf has a lending exposure to you, and seeks information about your creditworthiness;
* where Pound Ridge Golf reasonably considers that its capability to deliver quality services to you will be materially enhanced by gathering YourData from other sources. This applies in particular to consumer profile data.
Where Pound Ridge Golf collects Your Data from sources other than you, it undertakes:
* to do so only by legal means;
* to do so only with your Consent; and
* to declare to you what sources it uses, and under what circumstances.
Pound Ridge Golf undertakes to declare the purpose of collection in a manner which is clear and meaningful, and to avoid vague, highly inclusive statements such as ‘to support our operations’.
Pound Ridge Golf undertakes to store Your Data in a manner that ensures security against unauthorised access, alteration or deletion, at a level commensurate with its sensitivity.
Pound Ridge Golf undertakes to store Your Data only in jurisdictions where data protections are at least equivalent to those required under the OECD Guidelines.
Pound Ridge Golf undertakes to transmit Your Data in a manner that ensures security against unauthorised access, alteration or deletion, at a level commensurate with its sensitivity.
Pound Ridge Golf undertakes to implement appropriate measures to ensure security of Your Data against inappropriate behaviour by Pound Ridge Golf’s staff-members and contractors. These include:
* training for staff in relation to privacy;
* access control, to limit access to Your Data to those staff and contractors who have legitimate reasons to access it;
* particularly in the case of sensitive data, audit trails of accesses, including the identities of staff and contractors accessing the data;
* reminders to staff and contractors from time to time about the importance of data privacy, and the consequences of inappropriate behaviour;
* declaration of appropriately strong sanctions that are to be applied in the event of inappropriate behaviour
* clear communication of policies and sanctions; and
* processes to audit, to investigate and to impose sanctions.
Use refers to the application of Your Data by any part of Pound Ridge Golf, or any staff-member or contractor of Pound Ridge Golf in the course of their work.
Pound Ridge Golf undertakes to use Your Data only for:
* the purposes for which it was collected;
* such other purposes as are subsequently agreed between Pound Ridge Golf and You;
* such additional purposes as may be required by law. In these circumstances, Pound Ridge Golf will take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to You that the use has occurred, unless it is precluded from doing so by law; and
* such additional purposes as are authorised by law (in particular to protect Pound Ridge Golf’s interests, e.g. if it believes on reasonable grounds that You have failed to fulfil your undertakings to Pound Ridge Golf or have committed a breach of the criminal law).
Pound Ridge Golf undertakes to use YourData only if it has demonstrable relevance to the particular use to which it is being put.
Pound Ridge Golf undertakes to use YourData in such a manner as to take into account the possibility that it is not of sufficient quality for the purpose, e.g. because it is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, or out-of-context.
Disclosure refers to making YourData available to any party other than Pound Ridge Golf and You. The term disclosure may include many different conditions of data transfer, including selling, renting, trading, sharing and giving.
Pound Ridge Golf undertakes to disclose Your Data only under the following circumstances:
* in the course of business being conducted between You and Pound Ridge Golf, where disclosure is necessary to a contractor, such as a transport company. Where Your Data is disclosed in this way, Pound Ridge Golf undertakes to exercise control over Pound Ridge Golf’s contractors to ensure that their actions are compliant with these Terms;
* in other circumstances that are directly implied by the purpose agreed between You and Pound Ridge Golf at the time of data collection or subsequently. Where Your Data is disclosed in this way, Pound Ridge Golf undertakes to exercise control over Pound Ridge Golf’s contractors to ensure that their actions are compliant with these Terms;
* with your consent, or at your request;
* where required by law, such as a provision of a statute, or a court order such as a search warrant or sub poena. In these circumstances, Pound Ridge Golf will take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to You that the disclosure has occurred, unless it is precluded from doing so by law;
* where permitted by law (e.g. the reporting of suspected breach of the criminal law to a law enforcement agency; and in an emergency, where Pound Ridge Golf believes on reasonable grounds that the disclosure of YourData will materially assist in the protection of the life of health of some person), provided that Pound Ridge Golf will apply due diligence to ensure that the exercise of the permission is justifiable.
In all cases, Pound Ridge Golf undertakes to disclose only such of Your Data as is necessary in the particular circumstances.
Data Retention and Destruction
Subject to the qualifications immediately below, Pound Ridge Golf undertakes:
* to retain Your Data only as long as is consistent with its purpose; and
* to destroy Your Data when its purpose has expired, and to do so in such a manner that Your Data is not subsequently capable of being recovered.
This undertaking is qualified as follows:
* Your Data may be retained in Pound Ridge Golf’s logs, backups and audit trails within short-term retention cycles that are devised to protect the company’s operations. In such cases, Your Data will be destroyed in accordance with those cycles;
* Your Data may be retained beyond the expiry of its purpose if that is required by law, such as a provision of a statute, or a court order such as a search warrant or sub poena, or a warning by a law enforcement agency that delivery of a court order is imminent. In these circumstances, Pound Ridge Golf:
will take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to You that Your Data is being retained, unless it is precluded from doing so by law; and
will only retain Your Data while that provision is current, and will then destroy Your Data;
* Your Data may be retained beyond the expiry of its purpose if it is authorised by law (in particular to protect Pound Ridge Golf’s interests, e.g. if it believes on reasonable grounds that You have failed to fulfil your undertakings to Pound Ridge Golf or have committed a breach of the criminal law). In these circumstances, Pound Ridge Golf will only retain Your Data while that situation is current, and will then destroy Your Data.
Access by You to Your Personal Data
Pound Ridge Golf undertakes to provide you with access to Your Data, subject to only such conditions and processes as are reasonable in the circumstances. In particular, Pound Ridge Golf undertakes to enable access:
* without unreasonable delay; and
* without cost.
Pound Ridge Golf undertakes to establish and operate identity authentication protections for access to Your Data that are appropriate to its sensitivity, but practical. This may involve some inconvenience; for example, relatively straightforward procedures may be involved in order to provide you with access through a channel that you have previously registered with Pound Ridge Golf (such as a particular email-address), but may impose more onerous procedures if you wish to use some other channel.
In the event that you dispute some aspect of Your Data, Pound Ridge Golf undertakes to take reasonable steps in relation to the amendment, supplementation or deletion of Your Data.
* not to seek access for frivolous purposes, or unreasonably frequently;
* to accept that deletion of some data may not be consistent with the provision of particular services by Pound Ridge Golf to you.
Information about Data-Handling Practices
Pound Ridge Golf undertakes to make information available to you about the manner in which Pound Ridge Golf handles your data:
* in general terms, in a readily accessible manner; and
* in more specific terms, on request.
Where Your Data is disclosed to a contractor, Pound Ridge Golf undertakes to make information available to you on request about the manner in which Pound Ridge Golf’s contractors handle your data.
Pound Ridge Golf undertakes to ensure that the information provided is meaningful, and addresses your concerns.
* not to seek such information for frivolous purposes, or unreasonably frequently; and
* to accept that the disclosure of excessive detail may harm the security of Your Data and Pound Ridge Golf’s business processes, and may harm Pound Ridge Golf’s commercial interests.
Handling of Enquiries, General Concerns and Complaints
If you have enquiries, general concerns, or complaints about these Terms, or about Pound Ridge Golf’s behaviour in relation to these Terms, you undertake:
* to communicate them in the first instance:
to Pound Ridge Golf only;
in sufficient detail;
through a channel made available by Pound Ridge Golf for that purpose;
Pound Ridge Golf undertakes:
* to provide one or more channels for communications to Pound Ridge Golf, which are convenient to users;
* to promptly provide acknowledgement of the receipt of communications, including the provision of a copy of the communication, the date and time it was registered, and Pound Ridge Golf’s reference-code for the communication;
* to promptly provide a response to the communication, in an appropriate and meaningful manner.
You further undertake to not pursue Pound Ridge Golf through any Regulator or the media:
* until and unless Pound Ridge Golf has had a reasonable opportunity to respond to the initial communication; and
* while Pound Ridge Golf and you remain are conducting a meaningful dialogue about the matter.
Pound Ridge Golf declares that its undertakings in these Terms are intended to create legal obligations, and that those obligations are intended to be enforceable under appropriate laws in appropriate jurisdictions. These include laws relating to data protection, privacy, fair trading, corporations and criminal laws.
You undertake to seek enforcement only in a jurisdiction that is relevant to the transactions that have taken place between You and Pound Ridge Golf, in particular the jurisdiction in which you live or in which you performed the relevant acts, and the jurisdiction in which Pound Ridge Golf is domiciled or performed the relevant acts.
If you wish to discover the relevant laws in any particular jurisdiction, Pound Ridge Golf draws your attention to the following resources:
* WorldLII Privacy Links
* Compilation of [U.S.] State and Federal Privacy Laws, Privacy Journal, Providence RI
* Privacy Law Sourcebook 2004, EPIC, Washington DC
* the Australian Privacy Foundation’s pages:
International Instruments Relating to Privacy Law
Privacy Laws of Countries of the World
Privacy Laws of the Commonwealth of Australia
Privacy Laws of the States and Territories of Australia
* Privacy International
Changes to These Privacy Undertakings
Pound Ridge Golf undertakes:
* not to materially change these Terms in a manner that reduces the protections for Your Data;
* to take all possible steps to prevent any company that acquires Pound Ridge Golf or any of its relevant assets from materially changing the Terms applicable to Your Data in a manner that reduces the protections for Your Data;
* where it is considering making changes to these Terms, or creating more specific Terms relating to specific services, to consult with appropriate representative and advocacy organisations;
* where it makes changes to these Terms, to ensure that the differences between successive versions are readily accessible;
* to maintain all prior versions of these Terms in such a manner that they are dated, and readily accessible.
Opting Out. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Services. We currently don’t respond to DNT:1 signals from browsers visiting our Services. You can also opt out of receiving interest-based ads from certain ad networks here (or if located in the European Union, here).
Device Identifiers. We use device identifiers on Squarespace web and mobile applications to track, analyze and improve the performance of the Services and our ads.
Third Party Tags. We use and manage third party tags on the website. Third party tags may take the form of pixels or tracking snippets. We use pixels to learn how you interact with our site pages and emails, and this information helps us and our ad partners provide you with a more tailored experience. We use tracking snippets to capture data from your browser, make requests to a third party partner or set cookies on your device to store data. We use Google Tag Manager to manage our third party tag usage. This may cause other tags to be activated which may, for their part, collect data and set cookies under certain circumstances. Google Tag Manager does not store this data.